In order to be a patient at the Community Health Care Clinic, an individual must:
- Be a resident of McLean County
- Have household income less than 185% of Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Not be currently enrolled in an active insurance plan (Veteran’s benefits, Medicare, Medicaid, Private Insurance, or Kid Care)*
*Consideration will be given to those who have insurance, but cannot afford to use it.
If you believe you meet the eligibility requirements, please come to the Clinic to fill out an application today.
At the clinic, we are very careful not to duplicate other community services, but still ensure the medical needs of our patients are being met. Because of this, we work very closely with other community organizations to coordinate care and services to our patients. These organizations include, but are not limited to:
- Scott Health Resources
- Bloomington Township
- Normal Township
- McLean County Health Department (vision screenings and eye glasses, communicable disease, immunizations)
- McLean County Center for Human Services
Applying to the Clinic
Applications can be filled out at the Clinic anytime during regular business hours.
In addition to completing the application, we also ask for:
- Household income papers from patient or whomever you live with (tax returns, pay stubs, etc)
- Proof of residency (piece of mail with name/address, utility bill)
- Picture ID (driver’s license, state ID, passport)
There is a $20 cash or money order non-refundable application fee due at the time the application is turned in. Once your application is turned in, it usually takes 2-3 weeks for an appointment. Priority is given to those discharged from the hospital or referred from another healthcare provider and those patients may be served more quickly.
Closed 12:30pm-1:30pm daily for lunch